New Permissions to Control Time Sheet Submission and Rejection
The new submitting and rejecting functions in TrafficLIVE allow more granular management of time sheet entries, and as such there are a set of new permissions to control them. You can still use Traffic LIVE for time sheets without enabling the submit and reject status controls, so if you do not need this extra level of time sheet management, you can leave these permissions unchecked.
Permissions to Control Submitting of Time Sheets
The permissions that control time sheet submission are located in the Application Wide Permissions section of the permissions settings area, and there are four of them.
1. Submit Any Timesheet Records — Enables the submit function with no restrictions. Remember that this allows users to submit any time sheets entered by other users as well as their own.
2. Submit Timesheet Records As a Job Owner — Select to enable users to submit any time sheets entered on a job where they are set as the owner of the job.
3. Submit Timesheet records where you are the Submitter — Select this to give users permission to only mark their own time sheets as submitted. This is typically the recommended setting for My Traffic level users.
4. Deselect Submitted Time Entries you have Submitted Access To — This setting controls whether users can change the status of time sheets back to unsubmitted after they have submitted them. This workw with any combination of the three settings described previously.
Permissions to Control Rejecting of Time Sheets
In the same area, there are also four permissions to control use of the reject function:
1. Reject Any Timesheet Records — Enables the reject function with no restrictions; remember that this allows users to reject any time sheets entered by any user.
2. Reject Timesheet Records As Job Owner — Select this to allow users to reject any time sheets entered on a job where they are set as the owner of the job.
3. Reject Timesheet records where you are the Submitter — Select this to give users permission to mark their own time sheets as rejected.
4. Deselect Rejected Time Entries you have Rejected Access To — This setting controls whether users can undo the status of rejected on any time sheet records. This workw with any combination of the three settings described previously.