The existing features of the Self Allocation tab have been enhanced to include creation of time sheet entries from this view, as well as self-allocation of work.
The controls that block the ability to self-allocate work are still in place, but My Traffic users can benefit from the advanced search features of this tab to find jobs that they may not be allocated to, and create time entries.
The Task Search Tab View
1. The name of the tab has been changed from Self Allocation to Task Search in line with the fact that it can now serve two functions, of both allocation and time entry.
2. You still have the ability to perform searches using any of the available criteria, and to customize the search filters to your own preference using the wrench icon. The filters illustrated in the preceding figure are just a sample of those available, and your view may differ.
3. You can still customize the list of displayed results to your own preference using the wrench icon. The columns illustrated in the preceding figure are just a sample of those available, and your view may differ.
4. You can still select a length of hours if using the tab to self allocate work, but this function is disabled (grayed out) if you are creating actual time entries.
5. Click the Create Allocationbutton to use the existing functionality of Self Allocation of work (this button is highlighted in GREEN when selected). If the permission to self-allocate work is not enabled, this button stays greyed out, and you cannot select it.
6. Click the Create Timesheet button to create a time sheet entry using the Task Search tab (this button is highlighted in BLUE when selected). If the permission to self-allocate work is not enabled, this button stays permanently selected.
You create now time sheet entries on your calendar by dragging and dropping task lines directly from the Task Search list of results. The default length of created time sheets is controlled by your preferences, as set under the My Settings tab. It is not influenced by the Next Allocation Length box.
Permissions that control the ability of users to use the Task Search tab are under the My Traffic set of user permissions. There are two controls to be aware of:
1. All tasks — Disabling this permission removes the ability to use both the Task Search and All Tasks tab completely.
1. Users can allocate work to themselves — Disabling this permission allows use of the Task Search tab, but for creation of time sheets only (blue), not for task allocation (green).