Drilling Down into Reports
This lesson will provide an overview of how to Drill Down into Report data.
Open the Report
Before you begin to Drill Down into the Report data, you are able to first add filters to it. This is not the same as editing or customizing the Report. Adding filters to a Report that has been run will only examine the data, not edit it.
To add filters:
- You are able to filter by My Records, My Team or All Records
- You can adjust what field you want to summarize your data on. The available list matches the available list of fields available based on the Report Type you selected
- You can choose to adjust the time range for which your Report pulls data
- You are able to adjust the time frame you want to see your data in (Months, Quarters, Years, etc)
In this example, All Programs has been selected for the folder (1), the data will be Summarized by the Account: Account Name field (2), by the Scheduled Date field (3), and the Time Frame has been set the End Date (4).
Depending on which objects are chosen in your Report Type there may be additional filter options available on SFDC standard objects. The Drill Down feature allows you to group the Report results by selected fields. For example, if you wanted to see the data for Ford and General Motors only, you would:
- Click the checkbox next to Ford and General Motors
- Then click Drill Down
Notice now that the only data showing conforms to the filters and Drill Down that you specified. The Drill Down function is another filtering function so, in the Filtered By section you will find the alteration made in the previous step (1). To undo the Drill Down or remove a preexisting filter, simply click the clear button next to the filter you would like to remove.
There is no limit to how many time you can Drill Down into the data.